New In Person Classes
We currently have the spaces in our Pilates classes, suitable for beginners and those that have practiced Pilates before:
We currently have the spaces in the following Yoga classes:
New Yoga Class starting Feb 2022 Thursday evening classes email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
New Yoga Class starting Feb 2022 Tuesday evenings 6:00-7:00 pm book here
Yoga Class Saturday 9:30-10:30 am email email@example.com for more details
Any questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*prices stated on http://pilatesontheavenue.com/prices only available via bank transfer
Reformer – Open Studio Sessions
Have you worked with Reformers before? Try our open studio session on Tuesday evenings with all of our Pilates equipment, Reformers, Cadillacs, Chairs, and Barrel Ladder. We’ll provide you with a workout plan, with a maximum of three people and an experienced instructor to provide you with guidance when you need it.
Want to join our open studio session classes but haven’t used a Reformer before? Let us know and we’ll get you up to speed.
Send us an email to sign up! email@example.com
Pilates and Us
At Pilates on the Avenue, we specialise in the Pilates method. Joseph Pilates was an inspired visionary who crafted an exercise system on the mat originally for work at home and with specialised equipment he invented for his studio. The method was almost lost after Jo died in 1967, but the way Pilates made his devotees feel made them determined to save Jo’s work, and the rest is history.
We also want you to fall in love with his work, it’s often described as a method that builds strength at length but it’s more than that it’s a mind-body connection that reduces stress and helps you move better in your everyday life. At our studio, we know that everyone comes for their own reasons, whether it’s for athlete conditioning, to forget about the day, or to socialise. We have a class suited for everyone.
We are proud to have a fully equipped Pilates, you may be familiar with the legendary Reformer it’s a celebrity favourite frequently touted in the press as a miracle machine with a cult following. This is just one of his inventions, while his other equipment is lesser-known they are just as effective for sculpting your body. Each piece of equipment specialises in a particular aspect:
- Reformers for balance and overall strength,
- Cadillac improves core stability by adding springs and flexibility,
- Chairs are great for leg and hip flexor strength, and
- Barrels provide support for your back extension.
Whichever class you join, we’ll share with you Jo’s traditional exercises and contemporary exercises inspired by dancers and physiotherapy.
Our other Loves: Yoga, Barre, and Ballet
We love movement it empowers us, it can make you feel more confident and surprise you. While we love Pilates, we also love Yoga and Ballet. We’ve expert guest instructors who will guide your practice. We know that consistency is what provides results, find something you love.
- Yoga is a powerful mindfulness practice
- Yoga increases your flexibility and helps build strength
- Yoga improves your posture
- Yoga helps to keep your joints healthy
- Yoga reduces stress and lowers blood pressure
Ballet and Silver Swans® Ballet
- Silver Swans® ballet classes Specially designed for older learners,
- Silver Swans® will help improve your mobility, posture, co-ordination and energy levels
- all Ballet creates happy hormones and has a social atmosphere
- all Ballet allows you to experience creative expression
- all Ballet improves confidence
- Barre improves posture and flexbility
- Barre increases overall strength especially glutes
- Barre improves endurance
- Barre reduces stress and uses mental focus
Pilates was designed for rehabilitation. When Joesph Pilates opened his first studio in New York people came to him with injuries, most notably ballerinas who were told they would never dance again.
When you’re recovering from an injury or surgery, sometimes you need to start from scratch when undertaking a healing journey by building muscles with basic movements with the correct alignment.
- Our 1:1 Pilates classes are perfect for your journey back to health. Your instructor will work with you to find suitable exercises while making sure you keep your correct alignment and not overcompensate by overusing certain muscle groups. We work with physiotherapists and osteopaths, if you would like us to work with your existing team we’re happy to.
- Our dedicated group pre-Pilates class will also support your recovery. Exercises are designed to rebuild your body from the ground up, without any choreography to focus on building your foundation for recovery and improving your lifestyle.
We work with clients who have:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Fusions
- Herniated discs
- Back pain
When you’re ready to exercise, and you’ve been cleared by your GP, we can help you move better.
We are very proud to have fully equipped small and large equipment Pilates Studio in Southampton. The studio has three studios, two mat and one large Pilates equipment, and a treatment room for sports massage.
Pilates Greeting Cards
Pilates illustrations by Heather Michaelides on cards and other things.
Pilates on the Avenue
2a Padwell Road